The Energy Club of WA is pleased to open nominations for the 2022 Industry Awards.
The Energy Club WA 2022 Energy Industry Awards recognises the outstanding contribution of individuals and teams to our industry.
Join us for a night of celebration, Thursday 15th December 2022, as we announce our award recipients and acknowledge all nominees outstanding achievements.
All nominations must be endorsed by a manager. Self-nominations will not be accepted for any of the 2022 award categories.
We’re pleased to open nominations in October for the following categories:
The Brooke Arnot Excellence Award is the Energy Club of Western Australia’s premier award, which was developed to recognise the outstanding work of young professionals within our industry. Whether it be at work, outside of work, or volunteer work, young professionals in our industry are making an outstanding contribution on a daily basis.
Our highest accolade will be awarded to a young professional who is a shining light for the future of our industry. This person goes above and beyond, exceeds expectations, continually strives for excellence, and inspires others to connect with our industry.
The nominee must:
- Be a current member of the Energy Club of Western Australia for the 2022-2023 membership year.
- This award is open to everyone regardless of gender, sexuality, disability, or cultural background. However, note this award is for a young professional who must be under 35 years of age at the close of nominations on 4 November 2022.
- Be engaged by an operating company or a service provider supporting the industry. Both office and field based young professionals will be considered for the award.
- Demonstrate an outstanding commitment to the industry through their personal and professional contribution to the workplace and community.
- Demonstrate a passion for professional education and career growth, sharing knowledge amongst their peers, and inspiring others to connect with the industry.
In recognition of their contribution to both Energy Club WA and the broader energy industry, the ECWA Member of the Year will be awarded to a member who lives and breathes the values of the Club.
Through their ongoing commitment to ECWA values, this person inspires others to grow their career pathways within the industry, sees the value in building lasting connections, and promotes knowledge sharing through ECWA events and their own work. Recognised as an outstanding member of the energy industry community by their peers, this person shines as someone who upholds continued professional development, education and public awareness of the energy industry.
The nominee must:
- Be a current ECWA member for the 2022-2023 membership year.
- Without fail uphold the values of the ECWA, at our events and as a representative of the club within the broader community and industry.
- The nominee must not be a current ECWA Board of Governor at the time of nomination.
Provide demonstrable examples of outstanding and ongoing commitment to:
- Fostering career development amongst industry young professionals.
- Giving back to the community and positively promoting the energy industry.
- Attending and regularly participating in club activities.
- Promoting industry education and knowledge sharing amongst peers.
- Building ongoing connections amongst the ECWA membership and energy industry.
Awarded to a team within the energy industry regularly working in the field either onshore or offshore. The nominees will have safety at their core, demonstrate outstanding skill in their profession, and a commitment to upholding a supportive team culture on a daily basis. The recipients will demonstrate actions which care for their teammates like a family, with the safety, mental health and wellbeing of their crew at heart.
Nominees may be individuals working back-to-back or a team/crew working together on a regular basis. There is no maximum limit, though the minimum number of people in a team is two.
The nominees must:
- Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to safety, skill in their profession, and to a supportive, mentally healthy team culture.
- Provide demonstrable examples of strategies and actions implemented by the nominees which have led to improved awareness and positive behaviours in relation to workplace mental health.
- Be engaged by an operating company or a service provider supporting the energy industry in a site-based role. This can be a professional, technical or trade role, either at an offshore or onshore site location.
- Demonstrate values which are lived on a daily basis that are inclusive and welcoming of diversity.
Awarded to an individual or team who have made an outstanding contribution to innovative thinking, policy or procedural advancement, energy industry leadership, development in technological innovation, engineering design, or outstanding idea generation which has resulted in significant advancement of the industry’s knowledge and capability within the last two years.
This award celebrates the passion, innovation and ingenuity amongst the energy industry. Nominees may be from any field or sector within the energy industry. If you’ve had a major thinking breakthrough, have challenged the status quo or are on the cusp of leading the industry in a brand new direction, we want to hear from you.
Completed projects and activities are welcome for submission, however nominees do not need to submit a final end product or finished project to be eligible for this award.
ECWA wants to celebrate the ideas, plans, and innovations of our industry game changers at whatever stage of the pipeline they are in.
The nominees must:
- Be engaged by an operating company or a service provider engaged on the delivery of an energy industry project. Both office and field based will be considered.
- The team may also be a collective of people from different organisations who ordinarily work together.
- If for a team, nominees must be a team of people who ordinarily work together, although do not need to be located in the same office or location.
- Submissions for this award are requested to provide an abstract (less than 1000 words) and brief supporting material (video/graphics) explaining their nomination.
- The nominated idea/innovation/development/ activity must have commenced (but not necessarily completed) within the last two years as of 29/10/2022.
- At least one member of the team must be a current member of the Energy Club of Western Australia for the 2022-2023 membership year.
- Provide demonstrable examples of their contribution to innovative thinking, policy or procedural advancement, energy industry leadership, development in technological innovation or engineering design, or outstanding idea generation which has resulted in significant advancement of the industry’s knowledge and capability.
We're delighted to have INPEX continue as Platinum Sponsor of the Brooke Arnot Excellence Award. We thank them for their ongoing support of our young professionals.
Thank you to the Australian Gas Industry Trust for sponsoring our Member of the Year category.
Sponsorship packages are still available. A key event on our calendar, the awards provide an opportunity to showcase and promote your brand and company’s capabilities to our industry, while supporting the development of our industry’s most inspiring professionals.